BILL NURGE, M.A. Exercise Physiology
OWNER & HEAD COACH
I am not your average trainer. In fact, training is not something I do...It's who I am. I have been in training and training people my entire life. From the time I was very young and my parents wanted to send me to "circus school" I have always been fascinated with the human body and its capabilities.
Academically I was able to channel my passion for human performance into graduate studies of my favorite subjects... exercise physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology, and human anatomy. Having a scientifically based understanding of how the body functions helps me design and implement training programs that are safe and effective.
I am not your average athlete... I enjoy the pain and personal challenge of individual sports which have kept my interest since high school. I have competed in the sports of swimming, diving, running, cycling, triathlon, biathlon, cross country skiing, tennis and uphill mountain races. Competing at the international level in sports has compelled me to train year-round and stay in peak physical condition. Knowing empirically what it's like to function at the upper end of my physiological capabilities has proven invaluable for helping others achieve peak fitness and health.
My lifelong passion for teaching and coaching has given me the opportunity to work with a variety of sports teams and olympic athletes as well as individuals of all ages and abilities. For the same reasons you want your Medical Doctor to be academically trained and skilled, you deserve a Fitness Trainer who is educated, experienced, and a role-model for the lifestyle that you want. Your body is your most valuable possession and you deserve the safest and most effective workouts.
My job as a fitness professional is to guide you on the path to integrated fitness...To help you develop and maintain your ability to physically perform at your highest level. I have been on this path my entire life and can assure you that it is well worth the effort. No amount of money can take the place of feeling fit and strong for life and sports. People ask me all the time how long does it take to get really fit ? My response is "it took me many years, but unless you have someone with an extensive academic and athletic background with whom to train with, you can exercise for an eternity and not get anywhere but hurt."
If you want to stay young, fit, strong, and vital you must move your body. Everyday, fast movements, slow movements, front to back movements, side to side movements, rotational movements, throwing movements....Staying young necessitates multi-dimensional movement and integrating the essential elements of fitness into your everyday life.
Unlike Las Vegas, what happens at Hardcore doesn't stay at Hardcore...you get to keep it. Your stamina, strength, balance, agility, power, dexterity, healthy lifestyle and self-confident smile are part of the new, younger version of your best self.
See you at Hardcore.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- M.A. Exercise Physiology, Summa Cum Laude
- B.A. Biology, Cum Laude
- 30 years experience training & coaching
- Published and Presented numerous Scientific studies at the American College of Sports Medicine
- Presented numerous workshops and classes at the IDEA International Fitness Convention
- Extensive experience with human performance testing (VO2 max, anaerobic threshold) and exercise program design.
- TRX and Fundamentals of Movement certified.
- Top 10, 1992 Olympic Trials Biathlon.
- 2nd, Summer Biathlon National Championships.
- 2nd, Nationals Masters Nordic Championships.
- Top 5, World Masters Nordic Championships
- Top 5, Biathlon North American Championships
- 4 x Winner Baldy Hill Climb.
- 4x Winner Baldy Snowshoe Hill Climb.
- 2x Winner Baldy Shop to Top Hill Climb.
- 2x Winner Baldy Double Hill Climb.
- Record holder for Baldy Snowshoe Hill Climb.
- Record holder for Sawtooth Century K.O.M.
- 3rd Place, World SkiErg Sprint Championships.
- 2nd Place, Worlds Toughest 10k.